Version 2.1 : 22 June 2014
1. Mailmasters Pty Ltd (ABN 42 067 369 797) respects the privacy of our customers, stakeholders and third-parties who interact with us in some way.
7. Personal information is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) [Privacy Act] as:
Information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
a) Whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
b) Whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
8. The Privacy Act was most recently amended on 12 March 2014. The new legislation includes thirteen Australian Privacy Principles [APPs]. The APPs regulate the way companies collect, use, hold and disclose personal information.
9. We aim to only collect personal information that is necessary for us to collect for the reason specified or permitted under the Privacy Act. If you would prefer to remain anonymous, we are happy to still deal with you provided that we don’t need to know who you are. Instances where this may be possible include where you are providing us with anonymous feedback that does not require a response.
10. The kinds of personal information we collect and store about our customers include (amongst other things):
- personal information you give us when you request a product or service from us. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, details of your purchases, change of any of your details, credit card details, purchase requests;
- the compilation of profile information based on your purchase history;
- communications between you and us; and
- transactional information about your use of our products and services.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE USED
11. We will collect personal information for the purpose for which it was disclosed, or as permitted under the Privacy Act.
12. In some instances, where you have provided consent, or consent is deemed to have been provided or conferred (in compliance with the APPs) we may use your personal information for the purpose of sending you marketing communications including by electronic means, SMS, MMS for an unlimited period. You may opt-out of receiving such messages at any time provided such messages are sent by us. We will give you the opportunity to opt-out within the message that we send to you. You may also opt-out by contacting us (using the details provided below).
13. We collect your personal information so that we can use it for our functions and activities which include, amongst other things:
- providing our products or services;
- to enable us to send your purchases to you;
- to enable us to accurately notify you of products and promotions;
- to keep you informed of our product range;
- to facilitate contact with you;
- confirming your identity (eg. when you wish to use our products or services);
- addressing any feedback or complaints or queries you may have;
- to improve our products or services;
- to comply with any mandatory requirement of law.
14. The organisations to which we disclose personal information include:
- Essential service providers: There may be other companies that we rely on to provide goods or services to you. We may be required to provide your personal information to these companies to ensure that we can deliver goods or services to you;
- Law enforcement or government bodies: There are exceptions under the Privacy Act with regards to the provision of personal information to law enforcement or government bodies. When a legitimate request is sent to us by a law enforcement or government body we will comply with that request and may provide personal information about you without your consent;
- Companies who take control of part or all of our business: In providing personal information to us you will need to be aware of the possibility that, in future, another company may take control of part or all of our business. In that case, your personal information will be provided to that company.
- To others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you;
- Our related companies, business associates and others for purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected;
- Our professional advisors, relevant contractors and service providers and other direct marketing agencies; and
- Any entity to which we are required or authorised by or under law to disclose such information.
15. If we disclose personal information to a third party under outsourcing or contracting arrangements (a service provider), the we will take reasonable steps to ensure that they will/ have:
• Signed a binding agreement;Handle any personal information in a manner consistent with the APPs (regardless of whether they are a small business, or would otherwise be exempt from the Privacy Act);
• Only use the personal information in order to provide specific services or to perform the specific functions required; and
• Store the personal information securely, and only for as long as is necessary to provide the required services to perform the required functions.
COLLECTION OF OTHER INFORMATION
17. If you visit our website, some of the information we and/or our contractors/service providers collect about your visit to our website is not personal information because it does not reveal your identity (and cannot be combined with other information to identify you). Information gathered when you visit our website includes your server address, the date and time of your visit, the pages you accessed, the information you downloaded and the type of Internet browser you used.
18. You have a right to complain to us if you are concerned about your privacy, how we have dealt with your personal information or in relation to the Privacy Act.
19. If you are concerned about how we have dealt with your personal information you should first contact us (using the details set out below). We will endeavour to send you a written response within 10 business days.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
20. You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know in writing by contacting us via the contact details provided below.
21. It is important to us that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That is why we recommend that you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- Keep us up to date with changes to personal information such as your name or address.
You can update your details at any time by contacting us via using the contact details below.
22. Ordinarily we will not charge for providing access/copies of personal information we hold about you, and will generally respond to access requests of this type within 30 days. If we anticipate there being a fee (for the time we spend locating and compiling the information you have asked for) we will provide you with an estimate before proceeding. If a fee is payable it will be based on an hourly rate plus the cost of photocopying or other out of pocket expenses. For legal and administrative reasons we may also store records containing personal information in archives. Access to these historical records may result in a charge being incurred (an estimate will be provided to you prior). Due to the nature of archive, requests for access to historical records may take longer to process than with current records.
23. You may correct the personal information we hold about you at any time, you should make the request in writing (to the address specified below). We do not charge a fee to correct personal information held.
24. On review of your request, if we agree that the personal information held is not accurate, complete and up to date, it will be corrected by the appropriate person. If we do not agree, you will be provided with the reason(s) for the views and the opportunity to make a statement of your view and have it included with the information held.
STORAGE AND SECURITY
25. Any information we collect about you will be kept securely by us unless an event or action by a third party beyond our control disrupts the measures we have in place.
26. Any personal information that we hold about you in our computer systems is made more secure from unauthorised access by a range of internal security mechanisms and procedures. We will ensure we use firewalls, up to date anti-virus software and procedures to reduce the risk of a breach.
27. If you become aware of any security breach, please let us know as soon as possible.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Mailmasters Pty Ltd
Post: 6 Holt Street, McMahons Point NSW 2060
Tel.: (02) 9956 8362
Fax: (02) 9956 8229